Co-organised with BIMO, the Jura regional web and IT industry association the event attracted a full house. We have in Switzerland a real expertise in mobile apps for the tourism sector that goes well with our renowned tourism industry. We had demos of augmented reality, virtual guides, city/event advergames, travel planning, restaurant search using social networks.
All who made the trip there had the chance to meet our expert presenters who included :
- Didier Rizzotti, Haute Ecole Arc and Prof. Francesco Termine of HEG-Arc who presented the school’s projects on Augmented Reality.
- Arnaud Bertrand, CEO HouseTrip is discussed the mobile version of their short-term rental services which exceeds 7000 apartments in Paris, Berlin and London. The web version was launched this year and is quikly becoming Europe´s market leader. On the mobile he sees challenges being roaming costs and search/pictures limitation. Money speaks and we were delighted to hear he completed a VC fiancing round.
- Jochen Mundinger, CEO routeRank. He is just releasing the mobile beta on http://www.routerank.mobi . This is one of the few travel services that will get your from door to door, finding itinerary combines car, plane and train routes and computes the carbon dioxide emissions, price and travel time for each journey. Jochen came from Cambridge to EPFL and aimis at a full international service. He remains modest and unimpressed by such as MIT TR35.
- Manuel Acevedo, CEO MadeInLocal. The service combines mobile searches and social recommendation to find the closest cool place to meet, eat, shop. Check the demo here. Manuel told us the original idea was born in Jura but evolved on EPFL and EHL campuses. Getting international exposure is a challenge but he is certain they can differentiates from services like TellMeWhere or iTaste. They count on their Facebook integration to get viral rather than raising big money for marketing.
- Michel Deriaz, mobile manager at Arxit : FoxyTour, is a mobile guide for cities, museum and travel. It uses AR , barcode & RFID and smart geo tagging personalised decision making for each user FoxyTour. Check the demo on-line.
- Didier Waldmeyer, Partner L´Avenue Digital Media. He gave us a preview of the â€œMeet the Magic” tourism game. It is an 3D advergame for the city of Lausanne to be launched during a sport event Gymnaestrada. Check the demo here.
- Karim-Alexandre Koubea-Olesen, co-founder Food Arena. This cool mobile app will bring let you order, pay (coming soon) and get food from 250 restaurant to be delivered anywhere. Using location search you can browse menus and order. End-users get user ratings and special offers. Restaurant owners get operational features. Our search found Galaxy pizza in Delemont but we had a good buffet thanks to our sponsors.
Check for presentations here. And follow our tweeter feed #chmomo.
Bimo was represented by Yanick Guerdat and Jean-Pierre Bendit. The MoMo team was represented by Peter Angelos, Georges Barre, Claude Florin, Eric Gagnaux, Nicolas Sierro. Thanks to all of them for making this 1st MoMo in Délémont a success.
Mobile has made its way into all part of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Whether you want to board a plane or a train, book an apartment, compare restaurants or meet your friends at the coolest place tonight â€“ mobile applications are the way to do it. As Switzerland is a world leader in travel and hospitality services, we will wanted to celebrate our mobile start-ups active in the field. This meeting will help developers and industry players exchange ideas and discuss with their mobile telecom colleagues.
And this will be our first event in Jura, so we hope to discover new friends who really want to encourage mobile innovation !. Join us on this trip!
Format for this workshop
Short presentations by start-ups and industry experts in Switzerland followed by panel discussion
Topics and speakers
- Arnaud Bertrand, CEO HouseTrip â€“ Book holiday rentals for less in top destinations worldwide including apartments and houses in Paris, Berlin and London. Easy, safe online booking, name best start-up at World Travel Market 2010.
- Manuel Acevedo, CEO MadeinLocal: Where are your friends tonight? Search their geolocalized messages and join them in cool places Great app to meet your friends and find local services.
- Didier Rizzotti, Head of Information and Communication Systems Institute, HES-SO
- Prof. Francesco Terminé of HEG-Arc, HES-SO, Mobile augmented reality perspective: current works and future projects at HE-Arc”. Presentation of augmented reality applications for museums and “Magic Turtle” concept.
- Paul de La Rochefoucauld, CEO iTaste â€“ the first online personalized restaurant guide. Who never asked his friends “do you know a good place where I could have lunch with a client?
- Jochen Mundinger, CEO routeRank â€“ A travel search engine which combines car, plane and train routes and computes the carbon dioxide emissions, price and travel time for each journey.
- Surane Ragavan â€“ CEO Abonobo : Hiboo, a single-click access to restaurants’ photos, menus and special offers. Exposing these offers attracts users and makes the application an ultimate tool to capture the undecided audience.
- Michel Deriaz, Arxit : FoxyTour, intelligent city, museum and trip guide. It is remarkable of its geolocalization technologies, decision support system and virtual tagging.
- Karim-Alexandre Koubí¢a-Olesen, Food Arena : ordering food online was never easier. FoodArena benefits of geolocalization for ordering and operates using the solution deployed for more than 250 Swiss restaurants, pizzerias and kebab shops.
- Didier Waldmeyer, L´Avenue Digital Media : “Meet the Magic” is a new advergame created by L´Avenue Digital Media for the World Gymnaestrada eventfeaturing an advergame as a Lausanne 3D guide which ensures the ultimate presence experience.
- HostYannick Guerdat, CEO Artionetand Claude Florin for MoMo SwittzerlandSponsors: Thanks to our event sponsors who helped make this event free.