Location : International Telecommunication Union, Geneva
More than 3 billion people have access to basic mobile telephony, with 48% living close or below the poverty line. What are the applications that bring the best opportunities for economic and social development ? They help users find employment, advertise services, receive market prices, transfer money and pay for goods. To provide access to basic communications they can rent phones, chargers, and sell pre-paid cards. If you’re interested in how mobile phones, used socially, are changing the face of the planet – and in particular developing countries – then join us and discuss you experiences, ideas and knowledge.
- Houlin Zhao – Vice Secretary General of the ITU.
- Lilia Perez-Chavolla, ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau.
- Ken Banks, founder kiwanja.net.
- Jean-Frédéric Wagen HES-SO, Fribourg
- Frank West, Medair.
- Francesco Pisano, Unosat
- Stéphane Koch , owner intelligentzia.net , President of ISOC Geneva.
- Rosa Delgado, ISOC Geneva chapter, SIG development
- Other presentations are welcome and will be announced at the workshop.