Technology transfer from MICS
When: Tuesday January 18th, 2011 , 16:00 to 19:00 (exceptionally not Monday!)
Location:EPF-Lausanne, BC building
Mobile Monday Switzerland will support the workshop organised by MICS, the national competence center in research for mobile information and communication systems. The goal will be to present the capabilities of Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology , Universities of Applied Sciences and their technology transfer offices. Participants are expected to include industry representatives seeking expertise to develop mobile applications for their business.
The following mobile research results will be presented :
- Environmental monitoring
- Sensor management
- Security protocols and cryptography
- Geolocalisation for robotics
- Data management solutions
Format for this meeting: Short presentations by MICS speakers, followed by a networking event.
- Mrs. Adrienne Corboud Fumagalli, EPFL Vice-President for Innovation and Technology Transfer : Welcome
- Mr. Vincent Moser, Conseiller R&D, Sií¨ge HES-SO : Welcome
- Prof. Karl Aberer, MICS Director, The Swiss national center in research on mobile information and communication systems (NCCR MICS)
- Roland Pesty, MICS Industrial liaison officer, MICS Technology Transfer: How research can help the real world?
- Christophe Lienhard, COO Lotaris and Dr Olivier Liechti, Professeur HEIG-VD: Secure mobile Internet,
- Dr. Guillermo Barrenetxea, CEO Sensorscope Sí rl, Sensorscope: sensor networks theory meets reality:
- Prof. Alcherio Martinoli EPFL : Nez artificiels distribués sur roues: systí¨mes, algorithmes et applications
- Mr. Juha K. Laurila, Head of Nokia Research Center – Lausanne: “Industry-Academia Collaboration in the field of MICS”
- Claude Florin, President Mobile Monday : a networking for over 500 mobile industry professionals and a directory project
Host Roland Pesty, MICS Industrial liaison officer MICS Industry liaison programSponsor : Thank you to the MICS organisers and MoMo sponsors who help make this a free event.